Putting makeup seems like a great idea for the ones suffering from acne. But, cosmetics, where seem like a boon, can prove to be harmful too! The simple fundamental is that if makeup is used the right way, it can conceal the acne very well otherwise it could block the pores of your skin to cause the acne to become worse. Cosmetics have been used for concealing acne or other scars for years. The whole idea is to use these cosmetics smartly to avoid increased trouble. This is a step-by-step procedure to apply makeup to acne-prone skin correctly.
- Wash your face: It important to wash your face correctly. Splash warm water first to open the pores, then take a mild cleanser on your fingertips and massage gently all over the face. Rinse off with warm water and then finish with splashing cool water to close the pores. Use a fresh towel to dry the face.
- Apply a mild toner: Toner is a must for acne-prone skin. It cleanses the pores that are missed out by the cleanser. Just dab the toner all over the face. It will close the pores of the skin and prepare the skin for makeup. Do not use an alcohol-based toner as it wipes out most of the essential oils of the skin.
- Massage an oil-free moisturizer on your face. Clearpores Facial Protection Cream would be a great idea in this case. This is a natural and safe product. Use eye cream on the eye area. Your face is now ready for makeup.
- Foundation: Apply only oil-free foundation on your face and in the neck region. Avoid sponges as these are likely to be infected with bacteria. Apply it in circular motions with your fingers. Spread it evenly all over the face.
- Now you can use a brush to apply blush on your cheeks. Avoid too much of blush if you have heavy acne on the cheeks. Apply eye shadow thereafter. Be sure to use a clean brush.
- Use eyeliner on both sides of your eyes if you wish to.
- If you notice any pimples or scars still visible, apply concealer to conceal them.
- After you are done, lightly spread the makeup powder on the entire face to set in the makeup.
While putting the makeup, you must make sure to use reliable products of good quality. Bad quality makeup can seep into the pores of the skin to cause bigger trouble by clogging the pores. Always remember to remove the makeup before you go to bed. Apply a good night cream and sleep!