Acne in its severe form is quite depressing and seems incurable. The formation of cysts, inflammation, scars and other damage to the skin takes a toll on the bearers’ mental state. If the acne is of moderate form, it can still be treated with simple solutions like home remedies and over the counter available medications but the severe forms like the ones mentioned above need professional help. In any case, every form of acne can be cured. Here is a guide to treat severe acne forms. Let’s deal with them one by one.
- Oral contraceptives: These medications are generally prescribed to women for long term usage in case of severe acne. They function by deactivating the overproduction of sebaceous glands. This medication is not advisable for the women suffering from the problem of blood clotting or smoke. These may also not be prescribed to women above the age of 35 or the ones having a history of migraines. With these contraceptives, you can also consider taking Herbal Supplements by Clearpores Skin Cleansing System. These capsules are highly effective and would keep your body bacteria-free.
- Oral antibiotics: Oral antibiotics work by decreasing the population of P acnes. This would help decrease the inflammation. Initially, you might be required to take high doses of these antibiotics which reduce gradually. A few antibiotics that you might be required to take are erythromycin, doxycycline and minocycline.
- Isotretinoin: This is considered to be the most effective treatment for severe acne, especially cystic acne. It is a man-made potent drug (retinoid) that comes in form of a pill. This medicine might have harmful side effects and is therefore not good for women who are pregnant. In any case, sincere medical advice should be taken before taking this drug.
- Intralesional Corticosteroid Injection: Cystic acne has a tendency to leave scars behind. To this kind of stubborn form of acne, the doctors may inject it with a much-diluted form of corticosteroid. This injection also soothes inflammation and promotes healing. To inject the intralesional corticosteroid, the cyst has to be “melted” for 3-5 days collamask pharmacie.
- Drainage and surgical excision: Surgery is always the last resort. This treatment is undertaken only for the cysts that do not respond to the medicinal treatment. Also, only a well trained professional can perform this surgery. The patients should not attempt at this themselves. The surgery has to be performed in sterile conditions and with complete understanding.
Sometimes, acne treatments take years to show results depending on the severity of acne. Many times, treatments fail but you must relax as there is a cure for all sorts of acne.